Accountability is an important factor in weight loss success! Whether it is through other people or just you keeping a diary/food log -- when things get tough it's these systems/people that will help get you through... They help you stay focused and on track to where you are going. Writing down everything you eat (especially if you are showing someone) is a great way of keeping accountable!!
Like-minded people are great to have around you to keep you going by encouraging and supporting you to do what you said you wanted to do. Studies have shown that accountability and support may actually be the deciding factor as to whether you reach your goals or not!! They can encourage you when you are discouraged, and they can celebrate with you when you succeed!!
Remember this accountability will only work with you being open and honest about any setbacks, roadblocks or challenges you are having. Talking about feelings is much better than eating them anyway! LOL!
Some ideas as to how you can be accountable:
1. Keep a food diary
2. Keep an exercise diary
3. Create your own blogging web page
4. Tell your friends what you are doing
5. Post a weight loss "tracker" to facebook and your blog
6. Take photos of your meals and upload them to facebook
7. Get a workout partner
8. Surround yourself with other people who are on the same journey as you
9. Get a personal trainer
10. Put photos of yourself and your journey up on the web