Be Active in your everyday life!! Get up and MOVE!! Any exercise is better than no exercise... Do not under estimate the importance of incidental activity -- It is so important in weight loss. Incidental activity is any sort of activity which is built up over the course of your day. This can be heaps easier to do than a single longer session.
- Instead of taking the lift - use the stairs.
- Go for a 10min walk on your lunch break
- Get up off the couch to change the TV instead of using the remote (I KNOW -- hard stuff people!!)
- Park your car further away from where you need to go or get off the bus a stop early.
- Do some gardening/housework
- Be active WHILE you watch the TV... or at least walk around during the ad breaks!!
- Do a lap of the shops BEFORE you can buy anything!!
National Physical Activity Guideline.
1. Think of movement as an opportunity not an inconvenience
2. Be active every day in as many ways as you can
3. Put together at least 30 min of moderate-intensity physical activity on most days
4. If you can, also enjoy some regular, vigorous exercise for extra health and fitness.