Benefits of eating apples! "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."
1. Apples are great for your hair and skin! They contain collagen and elastin -- great for looking younger.
2. The have a large amount of antioxidants which will help to keep you healthy!
3. They will clean you teeth and strengthen you gums.
4. They prevent constipation because they help digestion. One apple has about 5g of fibre.
5. They helps to lower cholesterol levels because it prevents absorption of LDL cholesterol in the gut.
6. They are low in calories - containing no saturated fats. A medium apple is about 80 calories.
7. Apples contain 80-85% water.
Other interesting facts:
1. Apple trees take 4-5years to grow any fruit and handpicking is still the most common way to harvest them!
2. All apples have 5 seed pockets - each with a seed.
3. Throughout the world there are 7500 different kids of apples!
4. The science of growing apples is called Promology
5. 39% of apples are processed into apple products -- a large percentage of this is for juice!
My most FAVORITE apple recipe is a 12WBT one --
Quinoa, apple and cinnamon for breakfast!!
Just cook up the quinoa, grate in an apple and sprinkle on some cinnamon!! YUMMO!!
I also love to cook up some apple, and put a little muesli and yogurt on the top.. Mmm..